Today I went to the grocery store to get necessary items for the next few days. I bought a thing of Rain Lime Gatorade to have on hand for those days where I need a few electrolytes. Unfortunately, those days are often due to some migrainse I’ve been having. Well, sometime during the ride home, that darn Gatorade spilled all over the contents of the shopping bag it was in- including a brand new box of Cavatappi pasta…. So when I got home and started unloading my things, I realized that pasta had to be cooked TODAY or it would get soggy and therefore be ruined. SO, making life out of Lime Gatorade, I made some pasta. Here’s a quick recipe for y’all, however there won’t be exact measurements since I’m one of those ‘non measuring types’.
A few basil leaves (to your taste)
Scallions (I added roughly 1/2 tsp chopped)
Salt & Pepper & garlic powder & italian seasoning to taste
Juice of 1/2 lemon
Handful of spinach leaves
1 bag of shredded mozzarella cheese
1. Cook pasta per box directions.
2. Add all other ingredients into food processor (except cheese) and pulse until smooth. You will want to add olive oil every so often to keep a sauce-like consistency. Add more or less seasonings to make it the way you taste.
3. Dump pasta water out and put in bowl and immediately dump in bag of mozzarella cheese and stir while it melts.
4. Add in your sauce and stir until evenly coated.
5. Either place in fridge for a few hours for a pasta salad type dish, or serve immediately with some chicken or whatever you’re feelin’!
6. ENJOY. Its so tasty and healthy(ish) and the green color is gorgeous!
*All photos by the devilishly handsome Douglas Horn.
Sorry I’ve been a little MIA!
Have a good one, y’all,