I come with a very quick and totally awesome recipe for a side that works great with, well, anything for lunch or dinner. If you’ve got some patience, and like carrots, then this is for you!
I found these carrots at the grocery store that I shop at for $1.99. And what’s better- they’re organic! Awesome.
1 bunch of carrots. They don’t necessarily need their greens, just as long as they’re carrots (that have been washed and the skins removed) you’re golden
Ginger salad dressing. I found mine in the produce section. Has a little ninja guy on it. Adorable.
A few dollops of butter. We really like Melt butter. It’s coconut butter, and vegan. Yum!
Salt & Pepper
Other spices (whatever you like, I used a leftover tossed potato spice mix I got a few weeks ago)
Olive Oil. No measurements. I’m not the measuring type (yeah… I’m one of those).
Pam or any other spray (I’ve been using coconut oil spray).
How – To:
1. Preheat oven to 350*F
2. Spray a glass baking dish with your Pam-like spritz of your choice.
3. Put your carrots in the dish and sprinkle some of the olive oil on them. You don’t have to go overboard.
4. Put a few little dollops of your butter. No precise science to this, people. Feel free to be a little willy-nilly.
5. Sprinkle your salt, pepper, and seasonings of your choosing on top.
6. Pour some of the ginger dressing on top. I want to day I put about a quarter of a cup on mine, and then used a pastry brush to evenly distribute.
7. Toss in the oven for about 25 minutes. Increase the temp to 400*F and roast for about 10-15 minutes more. Make sure you move them around a little bit every 10-15 minutes to make sure all the yummy juices get all over your carrots.
8. Once they’re a little browned, take them out. You’ll want to eyeball the carrots when you increase the temp just to make sure you don’t burn the heck out of them.
9. Let cool for about 10 minutes and enjoy.
I really really loved these and have a feeling I will be making those more often.
Have a good one y’all,